Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Animal In Me

Making me a vegetarian,would be tantamount to converting a leopard to a herbivore....such is my taste for non-vegetarian food but something within me says its wrong to kill, just for the sake of eating. We love our pet and on his trivial suffering our heart aches, we run frantically for the vet. but for another animal we would issue the execution order to the butcher,not at all bothered what pain the animal must be going through.
I really feel bad when I write this article because this one proves that I am not someone who practices what I preach. Have I become such a compulsive non-vegetarian that I can't change inspite of believing that its wrong to kill?
We kill hundreds of lives to celebrate a marriage and we call it auspicious......our mind justifying all the wrong things we do. We, human beings are the most intelligent lot but are not the best or the kindest. We are as brutal as any other animal. How are we different from the other wild animals like the lions and the tigers?
The only answer is we cook.......they don't.

1 comment:

  1. I have been a vegetarian for a long time and I don't feel I am missing anything. My wife, on the other hand, loves meat. A case of opposites attract.

    ReplyDelete